Striving Against What?
According to the Educational Testing Service, these are some of the factors that reduce a student's expected SAT score:
- Student's parents have relatively low educational attainment, family has lower income, and home has fewer books and electrical appliances;
- Student's mother is unemployed;
- Student learned English as a second language.
- Student attends an academically inferior school;
- Student attends a public school in a disadvantaged area of the country or in an depressed inner-city area;
- Student attends a school where more than half the students qualify for subsidized lunches.
- Student is black, Hispanic, or Native American.