As Teachers, We Believe ...
All of the educators on the Teachers' Advisory Board of the Children's Scholarship Fund signed on to the following Statement of Principles:
- Children are the reason for a system of education, and that system's needs must never take precedence over the needs of children.
- Parents and guardians, not government, have primary responsibility for and authority over their children's education.
- Teaching is a profession and good teachers deserve recognition and compensation based on their performance.
- Government currently controls the vast majority of schools in this country; our system of education would be improved by a multitude of providers as opposed to a government monopoly.
- A market-based education system will expand educational options for families, employment opportunities for teachers, and will reward entrepreneurship.
- Like all other American success stories, American education should use a system in which the best new approaches to teaching and learning can emerge from the marketplace of ideas.