2010 May Health Care News (full text PDF)
The May issue of Health Care News leads with President Barack Obama’s signing of the federal health care overhaul legislation ... and a report on Virginia’s passage of a “health freedom law” that aims to protect the state’s citizens from government-imposed individual mandates.
Also in this issue:
- The treasurer of Massachusetts warns the national equivalent of Commonwealth Care could bankrupt the country.
- Business, unions, and pharmaceutical interests pour cash into advertising.
- Reform in the name of more-efficient data collection could force patients to disclose more than they wish.
- The rationale may be public health, but data indicate it’s just a new revenue stream.
- Language in the federal health care overhaul keeps committee and leadership staff who drafted the bill from being forced to purchase insurance in new exchanges.
- The future of health care reform could be altered dramatically by lawsuits over whether the individual mandate is constitutional.